4" X 5" canvas
What I like:
- blending of the sky (but I wish I had started with a brighter blue)
- colors are too bold in the background, and don't have shadows
- find a way to bring viewers into the scene. It is rather static.
- I might make the house smaller
- small paintings don't necessarily take less time!
After thinking about this painting for a bit, I decided to add more to it. I put my horses in the painting, extended the fence and changed the color of the back hillside to try to give it more of an appearance of distance. Although I muted the color of the trees on the back hill, I forgot to add shadows and shadows for the horses. Those will be next... and then I will declare this painting 'finished'! (The colors look a bit different as one picture was taken with daylight and the other in the evening.)
#3.... almost finished