Last year I visited Switzerland with my brother and sister-in-law. We noticed a small church on a hilltop, and walked up to visit it. A light mist began to fall as we walked back to the car. I wanted to capture that image on canvas.
8" x 10" canvas board
What I like about the painting:
- I chose to make the road a dirt road so I could use a toothbrush to splatter the paint to create pebbles on the road, and then shade the spots. I like the outcome.
- I think my brother and his wife bring the viewer into the picture.
- I like the bank in front of the house - I think it adds some dimension to the painting
What I might do differently:
- The house isn't at the right angle and looks a bit awkward.
- I tried to use the fence posts to show that the road was going downhill. It didn't work as well as I had planned.