Sunday, May 11, 2014

#14: A Walk in the Rain


Inspiration:
Last year I visited Switzerland with my brother and sister-in-law. We noticed a small church on a hilltop, and walked up to visit it. A light mist began to fall as we walked back to the car. I wanted to capture that image on canvas.


8" x 10" canvas board


What I like about the painting:

  • I chose to make the road a dirt road so I could use a toothbrush to splatter the paint to create pebbles on the road, and then shade the spots. I like the outcome. 
  • I think my brother and his wife bring the viewer into the picture.
  • I like the bank in front of the house - I think it adds some dimension to the painting

What I might do differently:

  • The house isn't at the right angle and looks a bit awkward.
  • I tried to use the fence posts to show that the road was going downhill. It didn't work as well as I had planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment